Baked Moong Kachori is a baked version of indian snack but not deep-fried. You can indulge in the protein boost of moong dal without worrying about the calories of a deep-fried snack. Hope you like this baked moong kachori as you did like my previous recipe Green iced tea latte.
- Half Cup – Moong Dal(soaked)
- Two Tablespoon – Oil
- One Tablespoon – Coriander Powder
- Half Teaspoon – Cumin Powder
- One Teaspoon – Red Chili Powder
- Half Teaspoon – Coriander seeds
- Half Teaspoon – Chat Masala
- One Teaspoon – Dried Mango Powder
- Half Teaspoon – Garam Masala Powder
- One Fourth Teaspoon – Turmeric
- Fresh CorianderLeaves
- Half Teaspoon – Fennel Powder
- Salt to Taste
- Two Cup – Refined Flour(maida)
- One Teaspoon – Carom Seeds(ajwain)
- One Fourth Teaspoon – Baking Powder
- Two Tablespoon – Ghee
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add coriander seeds, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, fennel powder, garam masala powder, and salt.
- Mix well and saute for two minutes add little water to avoid over cooking.
- Add soaked moong dal, half cup water, dry mango powder, and chat masala. Mix well an cook till moong dal is fully cooked.
- When moong dal becomes dry transfer it into another bowl and let it cool.
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Take refined flour in a bowl, add salt, baking powder, ghee, and carom seeds and mix well. Add sufficient water and knead into stiff dough. Cover the bowl with cloth and rest the dough for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and shape into balls. Apply a little oil to each ball, press them slightly and roll out into small puris with the edge begin thinner than centre.
- Place some of the dal mixture in the centre, dampen the edges, bring them together and press to seal.
- Press slightly and roll into small puris ensuring that the filling is evenly spread.
- Grease a baking tray, place the kachoris in it, brush them with a little ghee and bake in the preheated oven at 200 C for about 15 minutes or till the kachoris turns golden.
- Arrange them on a serving plate and serve hot baked moong kachori with tamarind chutney.
- If you enjoyed this recipe of Baked Moong Kachori do share with your family and friends on Facebook and Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media.
- We love to hear your feedback on the comments below for this recipe and also welcomed your suggestions and queries for this recipe.
- If you have your own version of this recipe please do share with us. We like to have something from your side too.
- Stay tuned for our next recipe. Keep visiting us for more recipes and cooking tips. Till then Eat Healthy, Be Healthy, and Live Healthy.