Cumin seeds come from the family of Apiceae flower plant that is widely grown in East Meditteranean and Asian regions. The cumin seeds have an aromatic smell and enhance the taste of recipes. These seeds are roasted, dried, powdered and are used as a whole also for preparing different recipes.
- One and a Half cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- 125 grams Salted Butter
- 1/4 tablespoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Roasted Cumin Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoon Milk
- Firstly, take a mixing bowl and add salted butter to it. Now, add sugar into the bowl and whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Now, add all purpose flour, salt, roasted cumin seeds, baking powder and baking soda to the mixture.
- Now, mix all these ingredients firmly and you will get a crumbled mixture in few minutes.
- Next step is to add milk into the bowl. Now, knead a soft dough from this mixture. Use milk kept at room temperature. As lukewarm milk will soften the dough and cookies won’t become crunchy.
- Now, place the dough on a butter paper and press it with a rolling pin. Keep the dough a bit thick. Before putting these cookies into the oven cut a square shaped piece of the dough.
- You can use cookie cutter also to get any desired cookie shape.
- Pre-heat the oven until the cookies are ready to go on for baking.
- Open the preheated oven and place the cookie dough into it 15 minutes on 350 degrees.
- Cookies are ready to serve.
Benefits of Cumin Seeds
- Improves Digestion – People suffer from bad digestion especially due to bad lifestyle and irregular eating habits. Hence, use cumin seeds for preparing food. The cuminaldehyde element of these seeds activate our salivary glands and keeps digestion easy.
- Hemorrides popularly known as piles can be treated by adding these aromatic seeds to the everyday diet. The carminative, antifungal and antimicrobial properties of cumin seeds heals the anal tract and help you get rid of piles one and for all.
- Controls Diabetics – Regular intake of cumin seeds lower the risk of diabetics as glucosuria decreases in urine if you intake the ingredient regularly.
- Reduce Insomnia – This sleeping disorder is curable if you apply the essential oil of cumin seeds before going to sleep. This oil act as a relaxation therapy and lowers the stress. Also, these aromatic seeds are full of vitamin B complex which is essential for proper sleep and relaxation of mind and body.
- Decrease Anemia – The iron compound found in these seeds maintain hemoglobin in the body and prevents anemia. People suffering from this disorder must include cumin seeds into their diet as it prevents fatigue, anxiety, and infections.
- Fight Cold and Flu – The iron and vitamin c compound of this ingredient combat infection and keeps the body healthy. Cumin seeds dry up extra mucus in the respiratory system and lower a cough developing enzymes.
Skin Benefits of Cumin Seeds
- Get Flawless Glow – The Copper, zinc, iron, vitamin B complex, and vitamin c compound found in this ingredient reduce dark spots, fine lines, wrinkles and patches from the skin. Apply cumin seed paste onn face for 10 minutes and wash with chilled water.
- Treats Acne – Acne is a common problem for both girls and boys. Use the essential oil made from these seeds and apply it on the face with the help of a cotton ball. Let it get absorbs in the skin for five minutes and then wash with regular water. The antifungal property of cumin seeds fights acne.
- Heal Uneven Skintone – The multiple medicinal values of these seeds help in making the skin tone even. Soak 1/4 cup of seeds overnight and blend it into a fine paste next morning. Apply this paste on uneven skin part and let it dry for 10-15 minutes. Now, wash the skin with regular water.
Hope you like the cookie recipe. Share this delicious snacks recipe with your friends by clicking on the social media icon above.
Bye for now and you keep reading this space for more interesting and healthy recipes. Till then “Eat Healthy and Stay Healthy”