Cauliflower is mostly used as a vegetables or in a soup recipes but today I am trying something new making UPMA with this cauliflower like we make with semolina. Hope you like this upma recipe as you did like my previous recipe Arbi Patta Curry.
- One Big Floret Of Cauliflower
- One And A Half Tablespoon Of Oil
- One And A Half Teaspoon Of Urad Dal
- One Teaspoon Each Of Mustard Seeds And Cumin Seeds
- Three Dried Red Chillies
- Eight Fresh Curry Leaves
- Two Pinches Of Asafoetida
- Half Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Two Teaspoons Of Sugar
- Half Lime Juice
- Fresh Grated Coconut
- Freshly Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Salt As Required
- Wash and trim the cauliflower and grate the cauliflower in to small grains like rice.
- Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add urad dal as it begin to splutter add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chillies, and curry leaves.
- When the spices sizzles, add the asafoetida and the turmeric powder.
- Stir it well till you get a nice aroma of the spices.
- Add the grated cauliflower and salt and saute the mixture very well for about three to five minutes or until the cauliflower is coated with the spices.
- Cooked it till tender crisp.
- Now add the sugar and lime juice and stir to combine.
- Serve topped with freshly grated coconut and freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- If you like this recipe do share with your family and friends on Facebook or Twitter as we are active there. We are also on other social media.
- We love to hear your feedback in the comments below. Like to know more about your opinion for the recipe and suggestions and queries if any.
- Visit our website for more such nutritious recipes and information about food and drinks. Till then Eat Healthy and Stay Healthy.