Paratha – this word itself make the person feel hungry. This is a regular Indian flatbread prepared in almost every household of this country. There is a variety of parathas available such as stuffed, tandoori, tava and plain. But, today we have a bought a variety of stuffed paratha recipe with a twist and some nutritional values. Try this recipe and you are going to make it every time the winter season rings in.
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Carrot
- 1/2 cup Raddish
- 5-6 Spring Onion
- 1 beetroot
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- Pinch of Ajwain
- Fresh Coriander/Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry Mango Powder [Aamchur]
- Refined Oil
Directions for making Stuffing:
- Firstly, peel the carrot[gajar] and radish[Muli]. Now, shred these two vegetables by using the food processor.
- Remove the shredded vegetables to a plate and keep it aside.
- Also, chop some spring onions. Use the whole spring onion including its bulb.
- Place a frying pan on the gas and add few drops of oil into it. Add some cumin seeds and a pinch of asafoetida to the oil.
- Let the seeds crackle for few seconds and then put in the chopped spring onions[hare pyaz], shredded carrots[Gajar] and radish[Muli] into the frying pan.
- Now, sprinkle the turmeric powder, red chilli powder and dry mango powder on the vegetables.
- Season these vegetables with some salt and stir fry for few minutes. Remove the pan from gas as the mixture starts to bind together. Also, add some freshly chopped coriander for aroma.
Direction for making Paratha:
- Take 2 cups of the whole wheat flour into a mixing bowl. Enhance the dough’s flavour by adding a pinch of salt and ajwain to it. Knead a tight dough by adding water to the bowl according to the requirement.
- Now, take out a medium piece of dough and roll a small flatbread by using the rolling pin.
- Place some stuffing in it and form a ball.
- Again roll this stuffed paratha by dusting some dry flour on it.
- Heat a nonstick pan and place this flatbread onto it.
- Flip the side when the flatbread starts changing its colour.
- Pour some clarified butter on the other side and flip it. Again, pour some clarified butter and press the flatbread. Flip and repeat the process.
- Serve the gajar-muli paratha in a dish and add some white butter or the coriander dip with it.
- Prepare other flatbreads in the same manner.