Bitter Gourd Curry is a healthy nutritious vegetable curry because of it is beneficial for those who are diabetic and also helps in weight loss. Many people don’t like it because of its bitterness but consumption of the vegetable gives you a lot of health benefits. Hope you like this recipe as you did like my previous recipe Oats Fritters.
Ingredients For Bitter Gourd Curry:-
- Two – Bitter Gourd
- One – Onion
- Two Big – Tomatoes
- One-Fourth Cup – Gram Flour
- One Tablespoon – Oil
- A Pinch Of Asafoetida
- Half Teaspoon – Turmeric Powder, Red Powder, and Mustard Seeds
- Two Teaspoons – Coriander Powder
- One Teaspoon – Sugar
- Salt As Required
- Peel and cut the bitter gourd into thin slices. Put some salt in it and keep aside for half an hour, after thirty minutes press them between your palm and squeeze out all the water. Keep aside.
- Take a nonstick pan. Heat oil and once it becomes hot put cumin seeds and asafoetida. Cook till cumin turns slightly brown.
- Add onions to the oil and cook for about one minute.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and cook till tomatoes become soft.
- Time to add spices like coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Mix well all the ingredients and cook for about two minutes. Add the bitter gourd, mix well and cook until the bitter gourd is cooked.
- Add sugar to balance the bitterness of the bitter gourd.
- Then add the gram flour to the curry and cook for about three to four minutes or till the gram flour and bitter gourd is cooked well.
- Your curry is ready to serve, serve it with paratha or any flatbread.
- Hope you like this recipe if you do share it with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there. We are also on other social media too.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. If you have your version of this recipe write on to us.
- Visit our website for more recipes and information about food.