Masala Mushroom is a spiced gravy curry with a perfect blend of spiced and flavors and has great texture. The dish generally served with steamed rice or any parathas. It is easy to make and tastes delicious. Hope you like this recipe as you did like my previous recipe Vermicelli Upma.
Ingredients For Masala Mushroom:-
- 250 Grams – Mushroom(blanched, and sliced)
- One Large – Onion(finely sliced)
- Two – Green Chili(slit)
- Half Inch – Ginger(minced)
- Two Cloves – Garlic(minced)
- Two Large – Tomatoes(Blanched, peeled, and puree)
- Half Teaspoon – Red Chili Powder, Jaggery, And Kasuri Methi
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Turmeric Powder
- Eight – Cashews(soaked in one-fourth cup warm milk for 10 minutes and ground to paste)
- Salt As Required
- Handful Of Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Three To Four Tablespoons – Oil
- Five – Black Pepper Corns
- Two – Cloves
- Half Inch – Cinnamon Stick
- One – Black Cardamom
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Cumin Seeds
- Half Teaspoon – Coriander Seeds
- Dry roast the black pepper corns, cloves, cinnamon stick, black cardamom, cumin seeds, and coriander seeds for three minutes.
- Heat half a tablespoon of oil in a cooking pan, add the sliced mushrooms and saute for two minutes and keep aside.
- In the same pan. add a tablespoon of oil and add the sliced onions and green chili and saute for four minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and ginger and saute for three minutes on low medium heat. Turn off the heat and remove to a bowl, let it cool and blend to a smooth paste.
- Heat the remaining oil add the ground paste and saute for few minutes, add turmeric powder and red chili powder and mix it well.
- Now add tomato puree and cook on low-medium heat till the oil separates. Add one cup water, jaggery, and salt and bring to boil. Time to add the sauteed mushrooms and simmer for ten minutes or till mushrooms are cooked and the desired curry consistency is achieved.
- Put kasuri methi, ground garam masala powder, and cashew nut paste and mix well. Adjust salt, if required.
- Turn off the heat.
- Remove to a serving bowl, garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve the masala mushroom with flatbread or any rice dish.
- If you like this masala mushroom recipe do share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. Write your own version of this recipe to us if you have.
- Visit our website for recipes.