Mushroom spinach kofta is a deep fried ball filled with nutritious mushroom and spinach dipped in a tomato gravy with spices and khoya. As a main course dish, you can serve this as your lunch or dinner. Hope you like this curry recipe as you did like my previous recipe Makhani Dal.
Ingredients For Filling:-
- 250 Grams – Chopped Spinach
- Two Cups – Water
- One Tablespoon – Butter
- Half Cups – Chopped Mushroom
- Salt As Required
- 1/2 Teaspoon – Black Pepper Powder
Ingredients For Balls:-
- Half Cup – Boiled Potato
- Two Tablespoons – Paneer
- One Tablespoon – Khoya, All-Purpose Flour
- Half Teaspoon – Cardamom Powder, Salt, And Black Pepper Powder
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Saffron
- One Teaspoon – Freshly Chopped Coriander
- Half Cup – Oil
Ingredients For Gravy:-
- Two Tablespoons – Clarified Butter
- Half Cup – Chopped Onion
- One Teaspoon – Ginger-Garlic Paste
- Two – Chopped Tomatoes
- One Teaspoon – Turmeric Powder, Red Chili Powder, Garam Masala, Coriander Powder
- Two Teaspoon – Tomato Puree
- Half Cup – Water
- One-Fouth Cup – Khoya
- To Prepare kofta filling, in a pan boil palak with two cups of water.
- Remove water after boiling.
- In another pan add butter and chopped mushroom. Add salt and black pepper powder, mix them well and cook for about a minute.
- Put boiled potatoes in a bowl and add paneer to it.
- Add khoya, cardamom powder, salt, black pepper powder, and saffron. Mix them all and add mushroom along with the boiled spinach to it.
- Now add all purpose flour and coriander leaves, combine all the ingredients.
- Apply oil on your palms and make round shaped kofta balls.
- Deep fry the kofta balls in hot oil until golden brown.
- Heat clarified butter in a heavy saucepan and saute onion in it until golden pink.
- After that add ginger-garlic paste to it, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Then add tomatoes followed by a teaspoon each of salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and garam masala. Mix thoroughly.
- It’s time to add coriander leaves and tomato puree, mix and cook for a minute.
- Let cool the mixture and then grind it to make a fine paste.
- In the same pan, pour out the paste and add a half cup of water. cook it for about two minutes to get a thick gravy.
- Mix Khoya with water and mix it with the gravy thoroughly. Let it simmer.
- Time to add the koftas which we fried before and cook them for a minute at low heat.
- Mushroom Spinach Koftas are ready to serve with rice or flatbread.
- If you like this curry recipe share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there. We are also on other social media.
- Love to hear your feedback in the comments below. Write us on our website to know your interest.
- Visit our website for more recipes. Till then Eat Healthily, And Stay Healthy.