Eggless Vanilla Cake is a sweet dessert that is typically baked. The cake is often served as a celebratory dish on ceremonial occasions, such as weddings, anniversaries, and birthdays.
- Two cups – flour
- Two and a half cups – baking powder
- Half cup – butter
- One and a half cup – caster sugar
- Half cup – water
- Three-fourths cup – yogurt
- One teaspoon – vanilla essence
- One-fourth teaspoon – salt
- 2X6 inch square cake tins
- Line the base of the tins with butter paper or greases the bases and dust either with maida or sugar until well coated.
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour and baking powder.
- Add salt, sugar, butter, water, and vanilla essence and beat the mixture using a wooden spoon or a beater till well blended.
- Now add yogurt into the batter and beat until smooth. The batter looks glossy when done.
- Transfer the batter in to cake tins.
- Heat the pressure cooker(empty), covered with the lid but without the pressure, for 3-4 minutes for high flame, then place cake tin in it.
- Closed the lid without the pressure, lower the flame and let it cook until done(about 30 minutes)
- Vanilla is an extracted from Vanilla pods, primarily from the Mexican species, Flat-leaved Vanilla. Vanilla is the second most expensive spice after saffron because growing the vanilla seeds pods is labor-intensive.