Pineapple Kheer is an refreshing dessert with an excellent pair of coconut milk and ripe pineapple which makes it more tasty and delicious. Its a fruity twist of an Indian recipe rice kheer. Hope you like this recipe of pineapple kheer as you did like my previous recipe Spinach Quinoa Patties.
- Two Cups – Pineapple(crushed)
- One Cup – Thick Coconut Milk
- Two Cups – Thin Coconut Milk
- Sugar To Taste(use sugar according to your taste and the sweetness of the pineapple)
- One Fourth Teaspoon – Cardamom Powder
- Two Tablespoons – Ghee
- Ten -Fifteen – Cashew nuts or Almonds
- Half Cup – Tapioca Pearls
- One Tablespoon – Corn Flour
- Two Drops – Yellow Edible Food Color
- Crush the pineapple, do not grind it to a smooth paste as we need some texture of pineapple in the kheer.
- Soak the tapioca pearls for half an hour.
- Take the soaked tapioca pearls in a heavy bottomed pan and cook it withenough water till it turns transparent.
- Add the crushed pineapple and sugar in it. Cook for about ten minutes till the sugar dissolve and pineapple becomes soft.
- Next add the thin coconut milk and bring it to boil.
- Add yellow edible food color.
- Take one tablespoon corn flour, make a paste with some water and add it to the kheer to make it thick. If you don’t want the kheer to be thick don’t add corn flour.
- Now add the thick coconut milk and cardamom powder. simmer for few minutes.
- Heat ghee in another small pan and fry some nuts.
- Mix the fried nuts in to the kheer and switch off the flame.
- While serve garnish some nuts on top.
The sweet and tangy flavor makes fresh pineapple a delicious choice; it can be added to fruit salads and grilled and baked with sea-food, ham, poultry, or other meats. As pineapple is cooked, its texture softens due to the breakdown of cellulose, a type of fiber in its walls.
Fresh pineapple contains bromelain, an enzyme that is similar to the papain in papayas that dissolves proteins. Consequently, fresh pineapple is a natural meat and poultry tenderizer when it is added to stews or marinades.
If pineapple is to be used in a gelatin mold, however, the fruit should be canned or boiled before hand in order to deactivate the bromelain; otherwise, the gelatin(a form of protein) will not set properly and will becomes soupy.
Bromelain is an anti-flammatory enzyme, the preliminary research suggests that it may reduce the risk of blood clots, thereby lowering the risk of heart attack and stroke. Bromelain may helps control tissue swelling and inflammation associated with arthritis, strains, and sprains, but it can also cause skin irritation or allergic dermatitis in susceptible people.
Afresh cup of pineapple provides 25 mg of vitamin C. It also offers useful amounts of other nutrients, incliding 0.17 mg of thiamine, 16 mg of folate, 0.15 mg of vitamin B6, 0.6 mg of iron, and 2.6 mg of manganese.
Pineapple is high in soluble fiber, which helps in controlling high blood cholesterol. The fruit is a good source of ferulic acid, a plant chemical that helps prevent the formation of cancer-causing substances.
- If you like this recipe of pineapple kheer do share with your family and friends on Facebook or Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media.
- We love to hear your feedback on the comments below for this recipe and also welcomed your suggestions and queries for this recipe.
- We like to have something from our viewers too. If you have your own recipe do share with us. Keep visiting our website for more such recipes and nutritional facts. Till the Eat Healthy, Be Healthy, and Live Healthy.