Spinach with mung beans is one of the simple and easy to cook recipe. It’s healthy and delicious with the combination of protein-rich lentils and fiber-rich spinach.Hope you like this recipe as you did like my previous recipe Beetroot Juice.
Ingredients To Cook Mung Beans:-
- One Cup – Mung Beans(skinned and split)
- 100 Grams – Spinach Leaves Roughly Chopped
- Water As Required
- One – Big Tomato Chopped
- One Teaspoon Each Of – Turmeric Powder, Cumin Seeds
- A Pinch Of Asafoetida
- Three Tablespoons Of Clarified Butter
- Six Cloves Of Garlic Finely Chopped
- One Inch Piece Of Ginger Finely Chopped
- Two Green Chillies Finely Chopped
- Salt To Taste
- Juice Of Half Lemon Juice
- In a heavy bottom, saucepan cook the mung beans along with the sufficient water, turmeric powder, and asafoetida for half an hour over a medium heat.
- Cool slightly and mash the mung bean roughly with a masher or back of a large spoon.
- In another large nonstick saucepan heat the clarified butter over a medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and after that chopped garlic, chopped ginger, and green chilies.
- Fry for a few seconds and add the cooked mung beans along with three cups of water.
- Simmer for two minutes.
- Add the chopped spinach, and tomato and season to taste.
- Continue to simmer on alow heat for a further two minutes.
- Stirring occasionally to make sure it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add lemon juice and turn the heat off.
- Serve warm with flatbread or steamed rice.
- If you like this recipe do share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there. We are also on other social media.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. Write us your queries and suggestion and also if you have any version of this recipe write us.
- Visit our website for more healthy and nutritious recipes and also nutritious facts about food and beverages. Till then hope you Eat Healthy and Stay Healthy.