Things To Know about Zucchini alias Squash
Zucchini is a summer squash vegetable and is known as marrow in Britain and Ireland. Well, it is also known as squash in some parts of the world. This vegetable grows nearly a meter in length and has two color variants. One is yellow zucchini and the other is green zucchini. The plant of zucchini is completely edible as zucchini flowers taste greats and make is cooked to making various delicious recipes. But for now, we are going to make pasta that has zero flour and 100 percent zucchini.
- A sprig of fresh basil
- Few parsley leaves
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes
- 3-4 black olives
- 3-4 slices of parmesan cheese
- very little chili flakes
- fresh thyme
- 2 crushed garlic
- Few toasted pine nuts
- A few lemon zests
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
Directions for Preparing Pesto
- Place the fresh basil, parsley leaves, parmesan cheese slices, roasted pine nuts, some lemon zests, crushed garlic and a tablespoon of avocado oil into a blender and turn all the ingredients to a fine paste.
- Remove the bright green colored paste into a bowl and cover it with a clean foil. Place it in the refrigerator for some time.
- Now grate both green and yellow zucchini into thin slices with by using a food processor. Make sure you wash them with running water as we are using them with their skin on.
- After slicing, transfer them into a large bowl and topple the grated squash to make them look attractive.
- Now, slit the cherry tomatoes into two and do same for the black olives.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a frying pan and add the parted olives, cherry tomatoes, fresh thyme and some chili flakes.
- Add some black pepper according to taste and stir them for not more than 5 minutes.
- Switch off the gas and keep the mixture aside.
Directions for Preparing Pasta
- Now, add some refined oil to the wok and let it heat for a minute. Once the wok is hot, add the grated zucchini noodles yes here is the surprise. The grated squash as it is popularly called looks like a noodle and offers a flour-free pasta recipe.
- Now it is time to bring the pesto mixture you kept in the fridge. Now 2 tablespoon of this pesto the noodles and mix them gently for 3 minutes.
- Switch off the gas and serve the recipe in style.
- Use any plate of your choice and place a couple of baby spinach on it. Now, lift the much-awaited pasta with serving tong and place it in a swirl direction. the reason for placing it like this is to make it look attractive.
- Place the stir-fried cherry tomatoes mix and garnish the noodles with some grated parmesan cheese.
- Take a glass of wine to enjoy the delicious flour less pasta.
- This vegetable is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, folate and protein. Hence the regular consumption of squash keeps the body fit.
- This vegetable lower vision problems and keep eyes healthy.
- Add a bowl full of zucchini to your plate if you wish to lose weight.
- Lowers heart attack risk and keep the cardiovascular system healthy.
- Fight against infection and virus.