- Boiled Potatoes – 6
- Refined Oil – For deep Frying
- Asafoetida – Pinch
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tablespoon
- Green Chilly Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – As per Taste
- Coriander Leaves – 1/4 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon
- Chopped Garlic – 2 tablespoon
- Bread Loaf [Pav] – 8
- Gram Flour – 11/4 Cups
- Salt – To taste
- Red Chilly Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Soda Bicarbonate – A pinch
- Add gram flour, chilly powder,turmeric and salt to a bowl. Also, add soda bicarbonate in the mixture. Mix well. Add water and prepare a smooth batter. The batter must have thick consistency.
- Keep the batter aside for fifteen minutes.
- Heat a pan and add oil. After a minute, add asafoetida, turmeric and chilly garlic paste into the pan.
- Stir well.
- Add the boiled potatoes and salt into the pan. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Keep the mixture aside to cool down. Add chopped coriander and lemon juice to the mixture and fold mixture well.
- Divide the potato mixture into equal portions and fry them after coating with the gram four batter.
- Fry till the fritters turn golden brown.
- Remove fritters on an absorbent paper.
- Apply green chutney/ chilly sauce to the vada pav.
- Sprinkle some dry coconut powder on the chilly sauce and place the potato fritter on the pav.
- Vada Pav is ready to eat.
Tip: Collect the gram flour crisp at the time of frying potatoes. Grind these crisps with some red chilly powder. This is served as a sauce with vada pav in Mumbai.