- 2 cups of dried red chillies
- 1/4th cup of Refined Oil
- 1/4th cup of Garlic
- 2 tablespoon of ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 tablespoon of vinger
- 2 tablespooon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- salt to taste
- Place the red chillies into a bowl and add 4 cups of water. Soak these chillies for half an hour.
- After 30 minutes, blend these chillies into a fine paste and keep them aside.
- Now, heat 1/4th cup of oil in a wok and add 1/4th cup of garlic, 2 tablespoon of ginger and mix it for sometime.
- Add chilli paste and saute it again for 2 minutes.
- Now, add 1/4th cup of water into the wok and let it simmer for 15 minutes with covered lid.
- After 15 minutes, uncover the wok and as the oil separates from the paste,add 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper powder, 2 tablespoon of vinegar, 2 tablespoon of soy sauce, 2 tablespoon of tomato sauce, 2 tablespoon of sugar ans salt to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Let it simmer for two minutes and your schezwan sauce is ready for storage.
Note: This is a schezwan week and you can request any recipe you wish to know that goes well with this sauce.