Recipe III: Roasted Garlic Tomato Chutney
Hello friends, hope you have enjoyed sandwiches on Sunday and will make them on various occasions.Today, as the week begun and you must be stuck with a number of presentations, meeting, office trips and home. So, to make your life bit easier I am showing a simple and easy to make recipe with tomato. The best part of things dish is that it goes with everything from Indian flat bread(roti), regular bread and even with rice.
The tomato chutney can be served in the breakfast, lunch, snacks and in dinner also. It all depends upon your choice. So, without wasting much time let us start preparing this delicious roasted tomato chutney.
Kitchen utensils for preparing this recipe
1 Gas cooktop 1 Flt Ladle 1 Mixing bowl 1 Mixer 1 slotted turner
Preparation Time: 2 minutes Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- Wash the tomatoes and pat dry them.
- Now, Pierce the tomato with a fork. You can also make slits on the tomatoes with the help of a knife.
- Switch on the gas and place the tomatoes one by one on the flame. Flip fop the tomato to roast it evenly from all sides.
- Switch off the gas once the tomato is evenly roasted and has become bit soft.
- Now, slit the green chilies and roast them on the gas.
- Take a mixer jar and add the roasted tomato and roasted green chilies. Blend it for a minute and remove it in a bowl.
- Now, peel the garlic and press it with a flat ladle. This will also the garlic to release its oil.
- Now, add these garlic cloves to the tomato and green chili mix.
- Rub the cumin seeds between your palms and sprinkle them on the tomato, green chilies and garlic mix. Add salt according to the taste.
- Mix all the ingredients well and your roasted tomato chutney is all set to be served with bread, roti or with rice.
Tip: Try this chutney as a dip for mashed potatoes for a chance. The mashed potatoes recipe is easy to make and is a wholesome dish.
Benefits of Garlic
- It has medicinal properties and its strong smell keeps infection and viral diseases at bay.
- The garlic has vitamin C and vitamin B6 along with minerals and fibers. The best thing about garlic is that it is fat-free.
- Garlic prevents common flu, cough, and cold problems.
- It controls blood pressure.
- It controls cholesterol and lowers the risk of heart attack.
This is the third recipe in our breakfast series. Will be bringing more such interesting recipes in future also. Comment in the below-given section and let us know how much you enjoyed the recipe. You can also share our recipes with you friends on social media.
For more on food follow us our facebook page Gofooddy. Bye Bye