Eggplant Salsa Wrap is filled with fresh lettuce, tomato, green peppers, eggplant, and cheese. The sauce for dressing the eggplant salsa wrap is filtered out while grilling to be used in tortilla before putting the filling. Hope you like this wrap recipe as u did like my previous recipe Saffron Semolina Pudding.
- Half Cup – Whole Wheat Flour
- One Teaspoon – Olive Oil
- One Fourth Cup – Water
- One Tablespoon – Whole Green Moong Sprouts
Grilling and Sauce and Dressing:
- Two Tablespoon – Honey
- One and a Half Tablespoon – Lemon Juice
- Two Teaspoon – Ginger Paste
- Two Teaspoon – Garlic Paste
- One Teaspoon – Red Cayenne Pepper
- Sea Salt to taste
- One Fourth – Carom Seeds(ajwain)
- Half Teaspoon – Dried Parsley Leaves
Tortilla Wrap Filling:
- Half inch thick – Eggplant Slices(round)
- Two Medium – Tomatoes(cubed)
- One Fourth – Green Chili(finely chopped)
- Half Cup – Lettuce
- One Fourth Cup – Cheese(shredded)
- In a bowl take the flour to knead the dough. Add salt and olive oil, mix well. Add one tablespoon water at a time to bind dough in a firm and smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into two pieces.
- Roll the dough into 6 inch diameter circle and placed on the hot tawa. Cook for 1-2 minutes then flip the tortilla and cook the other side too. Take out the tortilla and place covered in paper napkin in a hotpot bowl to avoid from being dry and firm.
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl from the dressing and grill marinate and keep it aside.
- Heat the grill.
- Roll the eggplant pieces in the prepared dressing and leave it in the bowl until the grill is hot enough.
- Put the eggplant pieces on the grill and let stand for 30 seconds. Then cover and grill for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the tomato-pepper mixture on the grill and all the remaining sauce over it.
- Grill similarly for 2-3 minutes each sides. While flipping over take some of the collected sauce out of the grill and pour it back on the grill.
- Save the collected-drained sauce while grilling to apply on the tortilla as dressing.
- Take the tortilla, apply the drained dressing sauce all over. Spread with shredded cheese and lettuce. Chopped the the eggplant pieces and place over the lettuce with tomato-pepper mixture. Wrap the tortilla and pinup using tooth-pick.
- Use the remaining tomato-pepper mixture and the drained sauce mixture combined as salsa on the side.
- enjoy the Eggplant salsa wraps.
- If you enjoyed this recipe of Eggplant Salsa Wrap please do share with your family and friends on Facebook or Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media.
- If you have your own version of this recipe please do share with us. We love to hear your suggestions as your feedback in the comments below. It helps us to do better for you.
- Stay tuned for our next recipe, Keep visiting us for more exciting recipes and kitchen tips. Till then Eat Healthy, Be Healthy, and Live Healthy.