Dry Samosa is a crispy and spicy triangle filled with a dry mixture of spicy stuffing. A light and tasty snack for any tea time or parties or gatherings. Hope you like this dry samosa recipe as you did like my previous recipe Kashmiri Pulao.
Ingredients For Dry Samosa:-
- One-Fourth Cup – Sev(crushed into coarse powder)
- Two Tablespoons – Dry Coconut(grated)
- One Tablespoon – Coriander Seeds, And Fennel Seeds
- Three Tablespoons Each – Cashew Nuts, And Almonds(chopped)
- Two Tablespoons – Raisins
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Turmeric Powder
- One Teaspoon – Red Chili Powder
- Half Teaspoon Each – Garam Masala Powder, And Dry Mango Powder
- Three Tablespoons – Powdered Sugar
- Oil For Frying
- Salt As Required
- One And A Half Cups – All-Purpose Flour
- Three Tablespoons – Oil
- Heat one and a half tablespoons oil in a small pan to roast all stuffing ingredients.
- Add dry coconut, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, cashew nuts, almonds, raisins, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, and dry mango powder, saute them over low flame for one minute.
- Add crushed sev, sugar and salt to taste. Mix and roast dry stuffing mixture for a minute. Turn off the heat and shift the mixture to a bowl and let it cool for five minutes. Stuffing is ready
- Mix all-purpose flour, salt, and three tablespoons oil in a large bowl. Knead a semi-stiff dough by adding lukewarm water as needed.
- Divide dough into nine equal portions and give them a shape of a ball. Roll out each ball into a thick circular shape approx. 5-6inch diameter. Cut it straight through center and divide it into two equal parts.
- Give each part a shape of a cone. Put one to two teaspoons stuffing in a cone. Lightly wet open edges of a cone with water and press them to seal properly.
- Heat oil over low heat for deep frying. when it is sufficiently hot, carefully slide the stuffed triangles in oil and deep fry them over low heat until they turn light brown.
- Deep fry all the remaining triangles.
- Crispy and spicy dry samosas are ready to serve with tea/coffee.
- You can store it to two weeks in an airtight container.