Potato fries with spices are an exciting twist to make potatoes crispy and spicy. Generally fries are salted but we added some spices here to enhance the taste. It can be made from sweet potatoes too instead of regular potatoes. Hope you like this spicy version of potato fries as you did like my previous recipe Eggplant Salsa Wrap.
- Two – Potatoes(medium)
- Two Tablespoons – Corn Starch
- Salt to Taste
- Half Teaspoon – Dry Mint Powder
- One Fourth Teaspoon – Black Pepper Powder
- One Fourth Teaspoon – Red Pepper Powder
- One Eighth Teaspoon – Citric Acid
- Oil as Required
- Peel potatoes wash and cut in to long wedges.
- Sprinkle some salt into the potatoes and keep it side for ten minutes.
- Drain the salt water and pat dry the potatoes.
- Now mix cornstarch, salt, mint powder, citric acid, red pepper powder, black pepper powder, together.
- Sprinkle the spice mix over the potatoes and mix very well so all the fries covered with spices.
- Heat oil for frying in a frying pan on medium flame.
- When oil is hot enough, fry the potato fries till golden color. Turn the fries few times while frying.
- Remove fries from oil when done and place on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot with ketchup or your choice of dip and enjoy
- If you enjoyed this recipe of potato fries with spices do share with your family and friends on Facebook and Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media.
- If you have your own version or your own recipe do share with us. We love to hear your suggestions as your feedback in the comments below. It helps us to do better for you.
- Stay tuned for our next recipe. Keep visiting us for more recipes and kitchen tips. Till then Eat Healthy, Be Healthy, and Live Healthy.