Pumpkin is a cultivar of a squash plant, most commonly of Cucurbita Pepo, that is round, with smooth slightly ribbed skin, deep yellow to orange coloration.
- Two cups – Rice
- One cup – Pumpkin grated
- One cup – grated Coconut
- One and a half cup – Jaggery
- Half teaspoon – Turmeric powder
- One cup – yogurt
- Oil as required
- Salt as taste
- Wash rice and soak in water for 4-5 hours.
- Drain water from the soaked rice and place them into mixer grinder to grind, Grind the rice using water as required into a smooth paste.
- Now add coconut, pumpkin, Jaggery, yogurt, and salt. Grind once more to get the smooth paste to make dosa, add water if required to get the dosa consistency.
- Add turmeric powder.
- Heat the dosa pan on flame, pour a large spoonful of dosa batter into the pan and spread around like dosa/pancake. It shouldn’t be thin like regular dosa makes it little thick.
- Spread some oil on top of the dosa.
- When under side is cooked turn the dosa spread little oil and cook the other side.
- Serve with coconut chutney or chana dal chutney.
Raw pumpkin provides 110 kilojoules(26 kilocalories) of food energy and is an excellent source of provitamin A beta carotene and vitamin A.