Chowder made with cauliflower is a creamy, healthy, flavored with roasted garlic. This recipe makes a tasty gluten-free vegan lunch or dinner, and it’s satisfying without weighing you down.
- One Head – Cauliflower
- One Medium – Onion(chopped)
- One Medium – Potato(peeled and chopped in cubes)
- Two Big – Carrots(peeled and chopped)
- One – Garlic Bulb
- Half Cup – Chickpeas
- Four Cups – Vegetable Broth
- Half Cup – Nutritional Yeast
- Half Teaspoon – Pepper(grounded)
- One Large – Lemon(juiced)
- Half Cup – Cashews
- One-Third Teaspoon – Tabasco
- One Teaspoon – Coriander Leaves(finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl take Cashews, cover with hot water and let soak for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Chop cauliflower into florets. Arrange them on a baking sheet along with the carrots, potatoes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the top of the garlic bulb. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap the garlic bulb in aluminum foil and place on baking sheet with vegetables.
- Roast for 25 minutes until the cauliflower is starting to brown and the vegetables are soft.
- Allow the vegetables to cool and add them all to a blender.
- Squeeze the garlic out of it and add it to the blender, as well.
- Drain and rinse the cashews, adding them to the blender along with the chickpeas and nutritional yeast.
- Pour in vegetable stock, lemon juice, Tabasco, salt, and pepper and blend on high speed to get a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Pour into large pot and simmer to heat through, add water if necessary to thin the soup, garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
Cauliflower is one of the several vegetables in the species Brassica oleracea in the genus Brassica, which is in the family Brassicaceae. It is an annual plant that reproduces by seeds.
The cauliflower head is composed of a white inflorescence meristem. Cauliflower head resembles those in broccoli, which differs in having flower buds as the edible portion.
Cauliflower does not grow well in very hot or cold weather, so growers have to get to know their local climate fluctuations well.s second concern is maintaining a more or less constant moisture level in the soil.
Nutritional value and benefits of Cauliflower
- Cauliflower is rich in vitamin C, folate, and various other phytochemicals, It also has bioflavonoids, indoles, and other chemicals that protect against cancer.
- Filling, high in fiber, and low in calories, this is an ideal snack food for weight watchers. Raw cauliflower has more folate.
- Cauliflower is especially useful for preventing breast cancer in addition to colon, liver, lung, and stomach cancer.
- The important range of antioxidants found in cauliflower- including the vitamins but also beta-carotene, beta-cryptoxanthin, caffeic acid, cinnamic acid, ferulic acid, quercetin, rutin, and kaempferol- help to reduce oxidative stress in the body.
- Also a good source of vitamin K which is responsible for keeping the skeleton structure healthy and helps to conditions related to lose in bone mineral density like osteoporosis.
- Compounds found in cauliflower-like sulforaphane, glucobrassicin, glucoraphanin, and gluconasturtiian- are very useful for helping the body to detox.
- Cauliflower also helps to reduce constipation and to keep excess water or water weight moving out of your body.
- Cauliflower has been shown to help balance hormones partially by reducing unhealthy levels of estrogen.
- The sulforaphane found in cauliflower has been shown to protect the vulnerable tissues of the retinal area from oxidative stress that can result in blindness, cataracts, muscular degeneration, and more.
- Hope you like the chowder recipe. We love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this recipe. Any suggestions and queries are welcomed.
- Do share the recipe with your family and friends. Keep logging us on gofooddy.com for more recipes.
- Will be here soon with a new recipe, till then Eat Healthy, Be Healthy, and Live Healthy.