As in winter people like to have something hot, nutritious, and tasty to eat or drink. Soups are a better option for both. Lentil soup is rich in protein to make a great soup. It’s a light and flavorful. Hope you like this lentil soup recipe as you did like my previous recipe Chole Biryani.
- Three Tablespoons – Olive Oil
- Eight Cloves – Garlic(minced)
- One – Large Onion(finely diced)
- One Cup – Celery(finely chopped)
- One Large Carrot – Peeled and Diced
- Seven Cups – Vegetable Broth
- One And A Half Cups – Red Lentils( rinse and drained)
- Two Small Tomatoes(diced)
- Five Bay Leaves
- Salt As Required
- Black Pepper To Taste(grounded)
- Two Small Lemons For Juice
- Handful Of Fresh Mint(finely chopped)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Saute the onions, celery, garlic, and carrot until lightly brown for four to five minutes.
- Add the vegetables broth, lentils, tomatoes and bay leaves, stir thoroughly until mixed.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to medium flame.
- Cover the pot and simmer until the lentils are tender up to half an hour or 40 minutes.
- Stir occasionally while lentils are simmering.
- Transfer about two ladles of the soup without bay leaves into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the soup carefully into the pot and stir to combine.
- Add the salt and ground pepper.
- Stir again to mix.
- Squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the soup before serving.
- If you are not serving the entire pot soup make sure mix the lemon juice only on serving portion.
- Garnish with a handful of finely chopped fresh mint.
- Serve hot.
- Hope you like this lentil soup recipe and like to try. Do share with your family and friends on Facebook or Twitter as we are active there. We are also on other social media.
- We love to hear your feedback in the comments below.
- For some more healthy and nutritious recipes keep visiting our website. Till then Eat Healthy, Be Healthy, and Live Healthy.