Lemon Blueberry Cake is a moist cake filled with fresh blueberries and lemon glaze on top. Hope you like this cake recipe as you did like my previous recipe Tamarind Rice.
Ingredients For Lemon Blueberry Cake:-
- One And Half Cups – All Purpose Flour
- Half Teaspoon – Baking Powder
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Salt
- One Large Lemon Zest
- Three-Fourth Cups + One Tablespoon – Sugar
- Two – Eggs
- Three Tablespoons – Vegetable Oil
- One Teaspoon – Vanilla Extract
- Half Cup – Whole Milk
- Two Teaspoons – Lemon Juice
- One Cup – Fresh Blueberries
- Two Tablespoons – Flour
- For Glaze :-
- Half Cup – Powdered Sugar
- One Tablespoon – Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- First zest the lemon and squeeze juice.
- Stir two teaspoons lemon juice into milk and let stand for five minutes.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- In another bowl combine sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla extract, and milk/lemon. Whisk the ingredients by hand.
- Fold the liquid mixture into the flour mixture. Do not over mix.
- Toss the blueberries with two tablespoons of flour. Fold the berries with the extra flour in the batter.
- Spread the batter evenly into loaf pan and bake for one hour.
- Let cool in the pan for five to ten minutes.
- Fir glaze, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice.
- Remove loaf from the pan to a plate and brush the warm loaf with the glaze.
- Brush the glaze in the sides too.
- Enjoy the lemon blueberry cake with tea or coffee.
- If you like this lemon blueberry cake share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. Write your version of this recipe to us.
- Visit our website for more information and recipes.