Lemon Buttermilk Bread is soft, moist full of refreshing and the tangy taste of lemon flavour. Perfect teatime serves for your morning or evening tea. Hope you like this recipe of lemon buttermilk bread as you did like my previous recipe Spinach Mushroom Pie.
Ingredients For Lemon Buttermilk Bread:-
- One – Lemon Zest
- One Cup – Granulated Sugar
- Two Sticks – Unsalted Butter
- Three – Eggs(large)
- One And Three-Fourth Cups – All-Purpose Flour
- One And A Half Teaspoons – Baking Powder
- Half Teaspoon – Salt
- Half Cup – Buttermilk
- One And A Half Cups – Powdered Sugar
- Lemon Juice To Thin
- First, preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly butter a loaf pan and line it with parchment paper with long ends so that you can lift the bread out later for glazing and slicing.
- Remove the lemon peel from the lemon with a vegetable peeler. You want to remove just the yellow part of the peel, with little of the bitter white part.
- Put the sugar and lemon peelings in a food processor and process until the peels are completely incorporated into the sugar.
- Next, put the lemon sugar and butter into a stand mixer and cream until light and fluffy.
- Beat in each of the eggs, one by one making sure each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next one.
- Continue beating for another two to three minutes.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt and add to the mixer, alternately with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Finish mixing by hand, to make sure everything is thoroughly mixed but do not overbeat.
- Turn the batter into the prepared pan, spread out evenly, and bake on the centre rack for fifty to fifty-five minutes, or until fully risen and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for ten minutes, then remove by using the parchment paper handles, and let fully cool on a rack.
- Meanwhile whisk together the sugar with enough lemon juice to make a thick glaze, Spread the glaze over the cooled bread.
- If you like this lemon buttermilk bread do share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. Write your own version of this recipe to us.
- Visit our website for more recipes and health information.