Spinach and Pumpkin Pie is full of healthy values as it contains two superfood spinach and pumpkin. Both ingredients contain nutritional facts which make this pie more nutritious and healthy for any breakfast or meal. Hope you like this pie recipe as you did like my previous recipe Egg Curry.
- 250 Grams – Flour
- 125 Grams – Butter
- 20 Grams – Parmesan Cheese
- 5 Grams – Black Pepper
- Half Teaspoon – Rosemary Leaves(chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons – Cold Water
- Two Grams – Salt
- One Tablespoon – Onion(finely chopped)
- 20 Ml – Olive Oil
- A Teaspoon – Leeks(chopped)
- 1Teaspoon – Celery(chopped)
- One Teaspoon – Garlic(chopped)
- One Bunch – Spinach(blanched and chopped)
- 400 grams – Pumpkin(peeled and diced)
- 90 Grams – Red Pepper(roasted)
- Half Teaspoon – Chili Flakes
- One Pinch – Black Pepper(crushed)
- One Pinch – Nutmeg
- Few Spring Oregano Leaves
- 40 Grams – Cottage Cheese
- 30 Grams – Cheddar Cheese(grated)
- One Pinch of Salt
- 20 ml – White wine
- One Pinch Of Cumin Powder
- Half Red Pepper(chopped)
- Set the oven at 180 C for 9-10minutes to preheat.
- In a bowl sift the flour 2-3 times.
- Add cold butter cubes to the flour and rub till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Now add Parmesan cheese, cracked black pepper, a pinch of salt and rosemary.
- Mix with cold water and form a semi-stiff dough.
- Wrap in cling film and rest for 30-40 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In the meanwhile start with the filling.
- Season the pumpkin with salt and pepper.
- Put a teaspoon of olive oil and roast in the oven till soft for about half an hour.
- On the same tray season the red bell pepper and roast for 15 minutes.
- Once done, peel and dice the pepper and the pumpkin.
- Sweat the onions, leeks, celery, garlic green chilies in a little olive oil.
- Add the bell peppers and the pumpkin, spices, herbs, and cottage cheese and saute for 2 two-three minutes.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Once mixed, add the cheddar cheese.
- Cool the filling and bring it to room temperature.
- On a floured surface, divide the dough into two parts.
- Roll the dough to 2cm thickness and place in the pie dish.
- Bake the pie dough for 10minutes at 170C.
- Cool the baked base and fill with the filling evenly.
- Roll the rest of the dough to a 3 cm thicknesses and cover the pie.
- Trim the excess dough and bake the pie for 20 minutes at 165 ℃ until the cover and base are properly cooked and is a golden brown color.
- Rest the pie for 20 minutes and cut into wedges.
- Serve as you like.
- If you like this pie recipe di share with your family and friends on Facebook or Twitter as we are active there. We are also on other social media.
- We love to hear your feedback in the comments below. You can share your own recipes with us.
- Do visit our website for more such recipes and cooking tips. Till then Eat Healthy, Be Healthy, and Live Healthy.