Suji Cake or Semolina Cake is very light, sweet and spongy recipe. Easy to digest and have goodness of Semolina (suji/rawa). Boost your kids immunity with all-time favorite cake recipe, now with nutrients. Semolina cake is know by various name in India like Suji Cake or Rawa Cake.
Cake is all time favorite, either you are young or old. Age is not the factor but nutrition is!. We all are worried when our kids eats so much of cake but what if it is made up of various nutrients which are essential for them.
Further, help us to serve you better by rating this recipe. We all are familiar with Ingredient Semolina but most of us don’t know nutrients in it. So lets check out before you cook Semolina Cake.
5 benefits of eating Suji Cake | Rawa Cake| Semolina Cake
- Energy: Semolina/ Rawa has large amount of carbohydrates, which gives us energy for work or carry out heavy activity. Kids require more energy as compared to us because have many physical activities to carry out in whole day. Semolina cake will be best option.
- Iron: Rawa/ Suji helps to prevents iron deficiency. Iron are necessary to carry out production of hemoglobin which carries oxygen to body cell. One cup of Semolina is 8% of daily requirement of iron.
- Cholesterol: Fiber rich diet helps to prevent heart diseases. Semolina supports heart by lowering LDL which is bad cholesterol, blood pressure and overall inflammation. Also, it has large amount of selenium prevents Infections and boost immunity system.
- Diabetics: Semolina flour ranks at top choice for diabetic person as it has low GI. As compared to white flour, it is digested and absorbed in the stomach and intestines at a lower rate. As a result, diabetic person have control over blood sugar levels more effectively.
Try Some more semolina recipes:
INGREDIENTS FOR SEMOLINA CAKE / SUJI CAKE
- 1½ cups Semolina (Suji/Rawa)
- ½ cup Butter (unsalted) (for vegan use vegan butter)
- ¾ cup White Sugar (can be adjusted as per sweetness)
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 cup Milk (Vegan milk can also be used, adjust the consistency)
- ¼ cup Yogurt (curd can also be used (whisked))
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom (chhoti elaichi powder)
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- handful Pistachios (Chopped)
STEPS FOR MAKING SEMOLINA CAKE / SUJI CAKE
- Take a mixing bowl; add melted butter and powdered sugar.
- Whisk continuously, until mixture turns smooth.
- Add semolina (rava), all purpose flour (maida), salt and cardamom powder.
- Furthermore, add curd and milk.
- Additionally, put baking powder and baking soda.
- To give fruity taste, add tutti frutti and some dry fruits.
- Mix well, later transfer to baking dish/ cake tin.
- You can add some other fruits too.
- Pre-heat oven and bake the cake for 40 mins at 180 ° Celsius Or 356 ° Fahrenheit.
- Afterwards, allow the cake to cool down. Transfer to cooling rack for faster cooling.
- Finally, cake is ready to eat. Cut and serve it as evening snack or with tea.
Love the post or tried some?