Palak is a green leafy vegetable grown particularly during the winter season. Regular intake of this vegetable during the season prevents various infections. Palak contains various nutritional values such as iron, folate, vitamin B6, zinc, vitamin E, and protein. Indian nowadays are celebrating a holy festival. Thus, here is one awesome recipe straight from India to your kitchen.
- 1 cup Palak [Boiled]
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour[Besan]
- 1 teaspoon ajwain
- 1 tablespoon green chili
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mango powder
- salt to taste
- refined oil
- First next is to take chop off the Palak leaves from stem and wash them through in running water. This is important to remove soil from the leaves.
- Now, take a saucepan and boil these leaves by adding some salt to the pan. The process will take 10-15 minutes.
- In order to prepare these palak puris, you need to drain the boiling water into a bowl. Next step is to blend Palak once they cool down.
- Now, take a mixing bowl and chickpea flour to it. Here, it is time to add the blended leaves, ajwain, chopped green chilies, dry mango powder and some salt.
- Remember, we have added salt to the boiling water as well. Hence, use it wisely.
- Next step is to knead dough out of this mixture. keep the dough bit lose to make these puris.
- Now, pluck a small piece of dough and make a roll. Use the rolling pin to flatten this ball. At the same time, keep some refined oil on gas to heat up.
- Lastly, deep fry this palak puri from one side and flip. Remove these puris on an absorbent paper and serve hot.
- Taste best with a pickle.
Hope you like this recipe. Share this dish with your friends instead of biting into it alone. Keep visiting us for more recipes and food trivia. Till then, “EatHealthy, Stay Healthy”