Stuffed Okra a popular Indian dish stuffed with delicious spicy filling, shallow fired dry curry. It is easy to make and in great to taste to eat. Hope you like this recipe as you did like my previous recipe Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice.
Ingredients For Stuffed Okra:-
- 250 Grams – Okra
- One – Medium Tomato(cut into halves and slice lengthwise
- One – Green Chili(deseeded and finely chopped)
- Two Teaspoons – Ginger-Garlic(crushed)
- Half teaspoon – Cumin Seeds
- Three Tablespoons – Oil
- Two Tablespoons – Coriander Leaves(finely chopped)
- Salt As Required
- Three Tablespoons – Gram Flour(roasted)
- One Tablespoon – Dry Coconut(grated)
- Two Tablespoons – Groundnuts
- One Tablespoon – Coriander Powder
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Turmeric Powder
- One Teaspoon – Red Chili Powder
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Garam Masala Powder
- One Teaspoon – Mango Powder
- One Teaspoon – Oil
- First, roast groundnuts in a pan for three to four minutes over medium heat while stirring continuously.
- Turn off the heat and let them cool for two to three minutes. Crush them coarsely in a jar of a mixer grinder and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Dry roast gram flour in a pan until golden brown and nice aroma starts to come, stirring continuously. Transfer it to the same bowl having groundnuts in it.
- Add Dry coconut, crushed groundnuts, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, dry mango powder, one tablespoon oil and salt to taste in the same bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients well. Stuffing for okra is ready. Keep It aside until needed in later steps.
- Cut the top of the all the okras and slit them lengthwise.
- Take each okra and stuff it half to one teaspoon prepared stuffing.
- Heat two tablespoons oil in a heavy based non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Put Spiced okra and sprinkle salt over it. Stir gently and cook for a minute.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for five minutes. Turn it 2-3 times in between.
- After five minutes, open the lid and cook over medium heat until okra turns dark green. Turn off the heat and transfer okra to a plate.
- Heat one tablespoon oil in the same pan over medium heat. Add cumin seeds, as they begin to sizzle, add crushed ginger-garlic paste and green chilies, saute for 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and salt. Mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add shallow fried stuffed bhindi and mix well. Cook for a minute and turn off the heat.
- Transfer prepared curry to a serving bowl. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot the stuffed okra.