Yam Curry is a delicious curry recipe commonly known as vegetarian fish because of its taste which resembles like fish. Yam is healthy not like regular potatoes as yam is low in protein and cholesterol. Hope you like this yam curry as you did like my previous recipe Cardamom Cake.
Ingredients For Yam Curry:-
- 250 Grams – Yam(sweet potatoes)
- One – Tomato(chopped)
- Two Cloves – Garlic(chopped)
- Half – Onion(chopped)
- Two – Green Chillies(finely chopped)
- Four To Five – Curry Leaves
- Half Teaspoon – Cumin Seeds And Red Chilli Powder
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Mustard Seeds And Turmeric Powder
- Two Tablespoons – Cooking Oil
- Salt As Required
- Water As Needed
- One Tablespoon – Fresh Coriander Leaves(chopped)
- Peel and cut yam into slices. Keep them into the water to remove excess starch and prevent from turning dark in colour.
- In a non-stick pan heat oil.
- Add mustard seeds, as they begin to splutter, add cumin seeds and curry leaves. Saute them for few seconds.
- Now add chopped onions and garlic, stir-fry until onion becomes transparent.
- Add chopped green chillies and chopped tomatoes, cook over medium heat for two to three minutes.
- Time to add sweet potatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- Mix them and saute them all for two to three minutes over medium heat.
- Add a three-fourths cup of water and bring it to boil. Cover with lid and reduce heat to low.
- Cook covered until yam becomes soft and gravy turns thick or for around eight to ten minutes.
- Stir in between occasionally to prevent sticking and add more water if required.
- Turn off the heat and let curry stand for five minutes.
- Transfer the yam curry to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve yam curry with rice or roti.
- If you like this yam curry share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. Write your version of the recipe to us.
- Visit our website for delicious recipes and health information.