Skip to content
Creme Caramel is a custard dessert with a layer of clear caramel sauce perfect balance of lightness and indulgence. Hope you like this recipe as you did like my previous recipe Cheese Crepe.
- Two Cups – Sugar
- Twelve – Egg Yolks
- Two Cups – Evaporated Milk
- Two Cups – Sweetened Condensed Milk
- A Pinch Of Salt
- First gather all the ingredients.
- In a heavy thick-bottomed pan, melt the sugar over medium heat until it liquefies and turns an amber color.
- There is no need to stir the sugar but swirling the pan occasionally helps make a smoother and crystal free syrup.
- Once the syrup acquires the color of amber, quickly remove it from the heat and pour into the ramekin to cover the bottom.
- Caramelized sugar hardens as it cools and you nees to work fast to transfer the syrup to the ramekins before it hardens in the pan.
- Start heating water in a steaming pot.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly stir the eggs yolks.
- Pour in the evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk.
- Add the salt and lemon zest. Stir until the mixture is evenly blended.
- Stir, do not beat nor mix too hard, to avoid forming air bubbles in the mixture.
- Pour the egg yolk-milk mixture into the ramekins.
- Steam over simmering water for twenty to forty minutes depending on the size of the cooking vessel. The Creme caramel should be set and firm to the touch.
- Remove the ramekins from the heat. Cool it then chill.
- Use a butter knife to lossen the sides then invert onto a serving plate.
- Serve and enjoy the creme caramel.
- If you like this creme caramel share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there and aslo on other social media.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. If you have your our version of this recipe write onto us.
- Visit our website for more sweet and delicious recipes.