Spiral shaped crisp & juicy hot Jalebis with chilled Rabdi is a delicious Indian dessert & very simple to cook , How ? Let’s check it out !!
INGREDIENTS FOR RABDI & JALEBI
Nuts- Few almonds , pistachios (8-10 chopped)
1 ½ cups milk (Vegan- almond milk)
3 tablespoons sugar
3-4 strands saffron
4 tablespoon sugar
2 cups All purpose flour (maida)
1/4 cup besan (chickpea / gram flour)
1 tablespoon cornflour
1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/8 teaspoon cardamom Powder
1.5 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup thick curd(dahi)
3/4 cup lukewarm water
Ghee(butter) for frying
1 cup sugar
1/2 (250 ml) cup water
1 teaspoon rose water
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
1/8 teaspoon saffron strands
Let’s Begin to Cook:
Will start with Rabdi :
- Firstly, Take a heavy bottom pan and add milk to it ,Stir until the milk gets boiled.
- Soak saffron in 2
- tablespoon milk and keep aside.
- Lower the heat to medium low and keep stirring and scraping the sides of the pan ..
- Cook the milk for 45 mins, till it is reduced to quarter.
- Add sugar, saffron soaked in milk and rose water and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the Rabdi in pot or transfer in a serving bowl.
- Garnish with almond and pistachio slivers.
- Bring it to get chill in refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
Move to Next it’s Jalebi time :
- Mix the flour and dahi (curd) to form a thick smooth paste (Test it with dropping consistency),
- Moreover, if necessary add water and leave to ferment for 6-7 hours.
- When the batter gets ready, it should be spongy and you should be able to see bubbles on the surface.
- Similarly, make the sugar syrup by mixing sugar and saffron in the water over low heat, then cook over high heat till slightly thick.
- Measure the thickness of mixture by lifting with a spoon and poured back into the pan, it should fall in a smooth stream, or when a drop of it is cooled a little, press it between your finger and then pull the fingers apart, it should be thread-like.
- Beside, keep warm, till you fry the ‘Jalebis’.
- Take a deep, heavy pan and heat the ghee/oil. To test if your oil is ready, drop in little bit of batter in the oil, and see if it comes up at once. If it does, your oil is ready for frying.
- Fill the bag with the batter. Twist the opening to seal the bag. Snip one lower corner of the bag to make a small hole, through which you can pipe out the `Jalebis’. The smaller the hole, the thinner the Jalebis.
- Hold the bag over the hot oil and pipe out swirls (like whirlpools), of the desired size, straight into it. Make as many such rounds as come in comfortably without touching each other.
- Lower the heat to medium and turn the ‘Jalebis’ over and fry till a light brown on both sides.
- Lift out the fried Jalebis, drain out the oil and put them into the syrup. Leave it for a minute or so, and then again lift it out.
- So,the here comes the final Sugar syrup:
- Combine sugar and water in a pan. Flavor with cardamom, food color, rose essence and bring it to a boil. When it forms a once string syrup then lower the flame
- Let the syrup simmer.
Final Touch Up:
- Drop cooked Jalebi in hot syrup and let them get drenched in hot syrup for a minute.
- Remove then from syrup.
- lastly ,Garnish with dry fruits.
- Taste best when served Hot Jalebi with chilled Rabdi.
- Try More dessert : Checkout!!
Eating is Necessity but Cooking is Art …
Don’t Forget we love to hear from you comment it & follow us for Latest Updates….