Malpua Rabdi is a sweet pancake served as a dessert or a snack originating from the Indian subcontinent, popular in India and Bangladesh. In some part of India Malpua is made with ripe fruits mixed in it, dipped in sugar syrup. So the fruity taste comes in puas while eating and so you got the best of fruit as well in malpua.
INGREDIENTS For Malpua Rabdi:–
FOR MALPUA BATTER:-
- 1 cup maida or rice flour
- One Teaspoon – fennel seed( crushed)
- 3-4 cardamom crushed or powdered
- 3 pinch baking soda
- Water as required
- 3 tablespoons each of milk powder, curd, and ghee(clarified butter
FOR SUGAR SYRUP:-
- Half cup sugar
- One-fourth cup water
- 5 Cups of milk
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 5-6 Cardamoms crushed
- 2 pinch of saffron strands
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 2 tablespoons of almond and pistachios blanched and sliced.
HOW TO MAKE RABDI
- Take a thick bottom saucepan or pan.
- Take milk in it and bring it to boil.
- Lower the flame when milk is boiling and simmer the gas flame and keep steering the milk. Bring the cream( malai) from the top of the milk on the side of the pan.
- Keep doing the same process as milk is becoming thick n creamy. It takes time for milk to become thick and creamy.
- Now add sugar, saffron strands, rose water, almonds, and pistachios. Keep the rabdi aside and served it with Malpuas.
- In a mixing bowl take 1 cup maida, 1tsp fennel seeds, 3-4 Cardamoms crushed, mix the dry ingredients well.
- Add 3 tablespoon milk powder, and 3 tablespoon curd
- Add water and being to stir to a thick flowing consistency without leaving lumps.
- Allow the batter to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, the batter is resting blanched the almonds and pistachios in hot water. Keep them soaked in hot water for 20 minutes then peel and sliced them.
SUGAR SYRUP:– Heat half cup sugar in one-fourth cup of water on a low flame, simmer this mixture. Stir well. Just make a sticky syrup. The sugar syrup needs to be kept warm.
- Heat ghee in a pan
- Add 3 pinches baking soda to the malpua batter. Mix very well.
- Lower the flame, take 2 tablespoons of batter and gently pour into the hot ghee, spread the batter lightly with the back of the spoon. Make all the puas like this.
- Fry on a low to medium flame till crisp and golden.
- Drain them on paper towels then immediately place them in to warm sugar syrup, gently coat the puas so that the pubs absorbs the sugar syrup properly. Then remove immediately in a serving tray.
- Make all the puas like this and dipped it on the sugar syrup. Garnish with rabdi by pouring on top of the Malpuas sprinkled almond and pistachios over it.
- Now Malpua rabdi is ready to serve.