Capsicum stuffed with potatoes and peas it’s like a nutritional basket in a green capsicum. You can add vegetables of your choice in this stuffed recipe. Hope you like this recipe full of nutritional facts and tastes.
- 5 Large – Capsicum
- 5 Medium – Potatoes
- Half Cup – Boiled Peas
- One Small – Onion(chopped)
- One – Green Chilli(chopped)
- Half Teaspoon – Cumin Seeds
- One-Fourth – Turmeric Powder
- One-Fourth – Red Chilli Powder
- Half Teaspoon – Lemon Juice
- Half Teaspoon – Garam Masala(hot spice powder)
- One Tablespoon – Coriander Leaves(chopped)
- Oil as required
- Salt as required
- Boil the potatoes and add a teaspoon of salt to them while boiling. This makes the potatoes tasteful.
- Boil for 5-6 whistles in a pressure cooker.
- Turn the boiled potatoes in a colander and pour some chilled water onto them. Peel the potatoes and keep them aside.
- Boil peas in a saucepan and add some sugar and salt to it while boiling. This will retain their taste.
- Chop off the capsicum tail and use a scooper to deseed the bell pepper.
- Make sure you wash them before chopping off the tail as the vegetable becomes moist when comes in contact with water.
- Place a saucepan into the gas and add one tablespoon oil to it.
- Now, add cumin seeds and let them crackle. Next, add the chopped onions, saute the onions till they become transparent.
- Add some chopped green chilies. You can add chilies according to the taste. As we will be adding red chili powder also.
- Now add turmeric powder and red chili powder. Stir all the ingredients well.
- Now, take the peeled potatoes and mash them with the help of a potato masher. Add the boiled peas to them and mix both the ingredients well.
- Add this mashed mixture to the pan and saute them for a while. Now, add garam masala (you can also use five spices powder), lemon juice, and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients well. Add chopped coriander, and mix all of them again.
- Remove this mixture to a plate and let it cool.
- Now hold the capsicums in an acute angle, and add the potato-peas mixture to it with a teaspoon. As the tablespoon is wide and is likely to de shape the capsicum.
- In a pan heat 2 tablespoons of refined oil, and place the stuffed capsicums onto it.
- Cover the pan with a lid and put the gas on a low flame and cook the capsicums.
- After 3-4 minutes lay the stuffed capsicum in the pan so that the capsicum can be cooked evenly.
- This process will take no more than 10-15 minutes.
- Now, remove the capsicum and place them in a standing position on a plate. Add some freshly chopped coriander on it. Now, place the chopped off tail on each capsicum and serve.
- Taste best when served with Indian flatbread and onion rings with a lemon wedge.
- Capsicum is a genus of flowering plant in the nightshade family Solanaceae. It is a spice native to the Americans, where they have been cultivated for thousands of years.
- It has become cultivated worldwide, and it has also become a key element in many cuisines.
- Capsicum species have also been used as medicines and lachrymatory agents.The plants are sensitive to frost and are a non-photoperiod sensitive crop.
- The flowers can self-pollinate.The fruit of species of Capsicum contains capsaicin, a lipophilic chemical that can produce a strong burning sensation in the mouth of the unaccustomed eater.
- The amount of capsaicin in the fruit is highly variable and dependent on genetics and environment, giving almost all types of capsicum varied amount of perceived heat.
Capsicum genes provide nutritional value, including a high amount of vitamin C and vitamin A. Other beneficial bioactive components of the capsicums chili are the contents of flavonoids.
Alkaloids and tannins are some of the other important bioactive compounds contained in it. Alkaloids works as an anti-inflammatory analgesic, and antioxidant agents.
BENEFITS OF CAPSICUM
Addin capsicum to your daily diet may provide great health benefits against many ailments.
- The phytochemical constituents of capsicum are shown to produce an anti-inflammatory response that proves to alleviate peripheral neurogenic pain related to Crohn’s disease, an inflammatory disease of the bowel.
- Capsicum contains tannins. Tannins are astringent and often considered for their benefits with treating gastrointestinal disorders such as diarrhea, dysentery, and other microbial disorders.
- Another bioactive effect of tannin contained in capsicum is in the prevention and treatment of cancer. It has an inhibitory effect on many types of malignant cancers. These anti-tumor properties are the most beneficial to treat pulmonary, hectic, and, gastric cancers.
- The anti-cancer effect of capsicum is determined by the bioactive ability of phytochemical capsaicin to inhibit cancer cell growth.
- This vegetable is both warming and vasodilative. The effect of the vasodilative properties improvement of hypotension and decreased heart rate.
- Vasodilation allows for improved blood flow resulting in better oxygenation of organ tissues. This is most likely due to the tachykinins, a known bioactive Ingredient in capsicum.
- Prevalence of diabetes, the consideration of capsicum as hypoglycemic medicine as provoked research in this matter.
- This green colored vegetable may stimulate insulin production which results in lower blood glucose.
- Green Bell Pepper contains vitamin C, valued as immune supportive bioactive phytochemicals. It helps in strengthening the immune system, repairing damaged brain tissues, and lowering the risk of oxidative stress, pediatric asthma, cancer, and improving bone health.
- Menopausal symptoms may also be relieved by the consumption of flavonoid-containing fruit such the capsicum chili.
- Hope you like this recipe. We love to hear your feedback in the comment below please do write your views for the recipe.
- If you like the recipe please do share with your friends and family. For more recipes log on to www.gofooddy.com, you can also follow us on social media.
- Till then Be Healthy, Eat Healthy, and Live Healthy.