Okra is one of the nutritional plant food and thus we should include it in a routine diet. This vegetable can be cooked in various ways and today lets know one of the delicious recipes.
- 500 grams of Okra/Ladyfinger/Gumba/Bhindi
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1-inch piece of ginger
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2-3 green cardamom
- 1 teaspoon each of cumin seeds, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and coriander powder
- salt to taste
- refined oil
- Wash the okras under running water and drain them. make use of colander for washing this vegetable.
- Pat this plant food with a kitchen towel to make this okra completely dry. Now, chop off these ladyfingers from both the sides and keep them aside.
- Heat 5-6 tablespoon of refined oil in a pan and let it heat.
- Now add all these okra to the pan. Fry them well. Remember the vegetable will turn dark in color. So remove them as soon as the okra become soften.
- Now use the leftover oil in the pan by adding cumin seeds to it. Also, add green cardamom to it and let them fry for a second.
- Now, blend the tomato, onion, ginger, and garlic into a fine paste and add it to the spices in the pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let all the ingredients simmer. Now add turmeric powder, red chili powder and cardamom powder to the gravy once it oil starts oozing out from it.
- Now add a little bit of salt to it and also add some water. Again cover the pan and let the gravy simmer.
- After 2-3 minutes add all the okras that were kept aside and mix gently.
- Prepare a bowl of steamed rice or flatbreads.
- Serve hot.
- If you like this recipe share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there. We are also on other social media too.