A fantastic looking vegan casserole made of sweet potato and pasta baked to perfection and taste too good. Sweet Potato Casserole is a healthy recipe as it is baked and gluten-free.
Ingredients For Sweet Potato Casserole:-
- One Large – Shallot(chopped)
- One To Two Tablespoons – Extra- Virgin Olive Oil
- One Heaping Cup – Sweet Potatoes(chopped)
- Two Cloves – Garlic(minced)
- 250 ML – Vegetable Broth
- Three-Fourth Cup – Light Coconut Milk
- Two Cups – Uncooked Pasta
- One Teaspoon – Spicy Brown Mustard
- One-Fourth Cup – Nutritional Yeast
- Four To Five – Sage Leaves(chopped)
- One Teaspoon – Maple Syrup
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
- Two Cups – Fresh Spinach Leaves(chopped)
- One-Fourth Cup – Scallions(chopped)
- One-Fourth To Half Cups – Gluten Free Breadcrumbs
- A Pinch Of Red Pepper Flakes
- In a saucepan heat the olive oil.
- Add the shallots with few pinches of salt and pepper. Cook until transparent.
- Now add the sweet potatoes, garlic, vegetable broth, and coconut milk. Cover and simmer until the potatoes are cooked and soft about fifteen to twenty minutes, Stirring occasionally.
- Cook your pasta as instructed on the packet, reserving some pasta water before draining. Keep aside.
- In the sweet potato mix, stir in the spicy brown mustard, nutritional yeast, sage, and maple syrup. Add more salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth, Taste and adjust. Add some of the starchy pasta water to thin it out if it is too thick.
- Place the spinach in a large bowl and scoop the hot pasta noodles on top. Mix the sweet potato sauce, thining with more pasta water if needed.
- Place in a baking dish. Top with the scallions, a sprinkle of breadcrumbs, pinches of salt, pinches of red pepper flakes, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F in an oven for at least twenty minutes uncovered until the top is brown and crusty.
- Sweet potato casserole is ready to serve.
- I hope you enjoyed this sweet potato casserole recipe then must share with your family and friends or you can also follow us on our social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter.
- Leave your feedback to make us more improved.
- Visit our website for more.