Easy to make vegan enchiladas with the filling of black beans, bell peppers, and spices make this delicious, satisfying, and a great dinner recipe. As this recipe is totally plant-based it is healthy and full of nutrition.
Ingredients For Vegan Enchiladas:-
- One – Red Onion
- Two Cloves – Garlic(minced)
- Three – Bell Peppers(one red, one green, one yellow )
- 900 Grams – Black Beans(cooked)
- One Teaspoon – Cumin
- Half Teaspoon – Smoked Paprika Powder
- Half Lime Juice
- Salt To Taste
- Black Pepper to Taste
- Six Large – Corn Tortillas
- Two Tablespoons – Olive Oil
- Two Tablespoons – All-Purpose Flour
- Two – Tomatoes (crushed)
- One Teaspoon Each Of – Cumin, Garlic Powder, And Onion Powder
- Half Teaspoon – Dried Oregano
- Salt To Taste
- Black Pepper To Taste
- Three-Fourth Cup – Vegan Cheese
- Green Onions
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Finely chop the onion and cut the bell peppers into small pieces.
- Heat some oil in a large pan and saute the onion and the garlic for about two to three minutes. Then add the bell pepper and cook for another four minutes.
- Rinse the black beans. Place them in a large bowl and mash them with a potato masher. Leave some beans intact for texture.
- Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper mixture to the mashed beans. Season with cumin, smoked paprika powder, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Fill the tortillas with the bean bell pepper mixture and roll them up.
- Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray. Place the enchiladas seam side down in the baking dish.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a large pan. Then add two tablespoons of flour and cook for about two minutes. Stir constantly and be careful not to burn the sauce.
- Then add the crushed tomatoes and the spices. Cook for five minutes.
- Pour the enchiladas sauce over the enchiladas and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with vegan cheese.
- Bake the enchiladas at 350 degrees F for twenty-five minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves and green onions.
- Serve the vegan enchiladas immediately.