Mixed Vegetable Kadhi is very delicious and nutritious as it is made with roasted gram flour and a mix of vegetables with little tamarind and spiciness of the whole red chili. Hope you like this recipe as you did like my previous recipe Coconut Pineapple Kheer.
Ingredients For Mixed Vegetable Kadhi:-
- Half Cup – Gram Flour
- Four Tablespoons – Oil
- Half Teaspoon Each Of – Fenugreek Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Turmeric Powder, And Red Chili Powder
- One-Eight Teaspoon – Asafoetida
- Three Whole Red Peppers
- Ten Curry Leaves
- One Tablespoon – Ginger(grated)
- Three Tablespoons – Tamarind Pulp
- One And A Half Teaspoon – Salt
- Two Cups – Mixed Vegetables(Like 5-6 Okra slit vertically, One Carrot sliced in rounds, One Small Potato Cubed, One-Fourth Cup cut Green Beans)
- Five Cups – Water
- Wash and dry the okra. Remove the top of the okra and stir-fry in one tablespoon oil over medium-high heat until they are tender. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add fenugreek seed, and cumin seeds, as seeds crackle add asafoetida, whole red pepper, ginger, and curry leaves stir for few seconds.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add gram flour. Roast the gram flour stirring continuously till the gram flour has become golden brown and aromatic.
- Add about five cups of water slowly, stirring continuously to avoid forming lumps.
- Now add turmeric, salt, potatoes, green beans, and carrots.
- After kadhi comes to boil, lower the heat to low medium and cover the pan and let it simmer for about eight to ten minutes until vegetables are tender.
- If needed add more water, this should be running consistency but not too watery.
- Time to add fried okra and tamarind pulp to the kadhi, after kadhi comes to boil, let it simmer for another six to seven minutes over medium-low heat.
- Serve the mixed vegetable kadhi hot with rice.
- If you like this recipe do share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. Write your own recipe or your version of this recipe to us.
- Visit our website for more recipes and nutritional information.