Dhokla is one of the most favorite snack of Indians. It can be eaten as a breakfast or you can have it as a main dish too. It is light yet delicious recipe to make which is enough to satisfy your tummy. Nutrition wise it is healthy too as it is steamed and make in no time.
Ingredients For Dhokla:-
- Two Cups – Gram Flour
- One Teaspoon – Salt
- Three-Fourth Teaspoon – Baking Soda And Baking Powder
- Half Teaspoon – Turmeric Powder
- Ginger Paste – Half Teaspoon
- 1 Green Chilli(crushed)
- Half Cup – Non-Dairy Yogurt(unsweetened)
- One Teaspoon – Lemon Juice
- Water As Required
- Oil For Greasing
- One Tablespoon – Coconut(shredded)
- One Teaspoon – Mustard Oil And Mustard Seeds
- A Pinch Of Asafoetida
- Two – Green Chili(finely chopped)
- One Teaspoon – Sugar And Lemon Juice
- Six Curry Leaves(chopped)
- One Tablespoon – Coconut Flakes
- Half Cup – Water
- Coriander Leaves And Lemon Juice For Garnish
Directions To Make Dhokla:-
- In a large bowl, add gram flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and turmeric powder. Whisk well all the ingredients.
- Add the ginger paste, crushed chili, non-dairy yogurt, lemon juice and mix. Add water a few tablespoons at a time to make a thick batter.
- Grease a cake pan, sprinkle the bottom with shredded coconut.
- Pour the batter into the pan, using a greased spatula, cover the pan with a lid. Place the cake pan in the steamer and steam for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Remove from the steamer and let sit for five minutes. Invert onto a serving dish and slice.
TO MAKE TEMPERING
- In a small pan, add oil and heat at medium. When oil is hot, add mustard seeds and let them sizzle or splutter for a few seconds.
- Add the asafoetida, chili and curry leaves. Cook for two to three minutes or until most of the chili is golden brown in color.
- Now add the sugar, lemon juice, coconut flakes and the water. Mix and cook for three minutes or until the water is hot.
- Drizzle over the dhokla slices. Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Serve the dhokla with coriander chutney.