Turnips are economical, healthful and easy to prepare and cultivate even in soil of poor quality, and surprisingly full of vitamin C and some essential amino acids.turnip cake with chilli sauce is easy and steam recipe.
Ingredients for turnip cake with chilli sauce
- 20 Grams – Dried Shrimps
- 15 Grams – Shallots
- 250 Grams – Turnips
- One small handful of chives
- Peanut oil
- 75 Grams – minced pork
- White Pepper
- 250 Grams – Rice Flour
- 20 Gram – Water Chestnut Flour
- 20 Gram – Strong Bread Flour
- One Teaspoon – Caster Sugar
- Half – Organic Vegetable Stock Cube
- Hot Sriacha Chilli Sauce
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
Directions for turnip cake with chilli sauce
- Soak the dried shrimps in warm water for 20 minutes to soften, then drain and chopped roughly.
- Peel and finely dice the shallots, peel and coarsely grate the Turnip.
- Finely slice the chives.
- Heat one tablespoon of peanut oil in a pan over a medium flame. Add the dried shrimps and shallots, stir fry them until the shallots start to soften.
- Add the minced pork and stir fry for a minute or until the pork start to brown.
- Season it with a pinch of white pepper and sea salt, take it off the flame and keep aside to cool.
- In a large bowl take all the flours together with 400 millilitre water until completely combined. Keep aside
- Take 900 millilitre of cold water in a large pan, grate the Stock Cube in to it and the grated Turnip, sugar, one fourth teaspoon of white pepper, half teaspoon of salt.
- Bring to the boil and stir continuously to avoid sticking the ingredients to the bottom of the pan. Remove frm the flame and add in to the pork mix and stir.
- Quickly stir the flour and water mix into the Turnip pan, as it will start to thicken immediately.
- Once combine, pour in to the foil container and sit them in both layers of your steamer. Put the lid on and set over a medium-sized pan less than half water filled in it, make sure that the base of the steamer doesn’t touch the water.
- Steam for 40 minutes on high flame. Add more water to the pan during cooking if required. Just be careful you can get burn by steam.
- You can check the cake whether it’s cook or not to press top the cake, if it feels firm and doesn’t stick to your finger then they are cooked. If the cakes sticks slightly leave them in a steamer for an extra 10 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool completely in the tins, before gently tipping them out and slicing them into sections. Slice them in to smaller size cubes.
- Place a pan over medium heat, add one teaspoon of peanut oil and stir fry the cake cubes until become nice brown n crispy from all the sides.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Take a serving bowl, combine both chilli sauces. Serve the turnip cake cubes sprinkled with the finely chopped chives, with the chilli dipping sauce in the side.
- Finally Serve it.
About turnip cake with chilli sauce
As a member of cruciferous family, which includes cabbage, broccoli, and radishes,turnips contains sulfurous compounds that may protect against certain form of cancer. However, like other cruciferous vegetables, turnip can cause bloating and gas.
Turnips contain two goitrogenic substances, porgoitrin and gluconasturtin, which can interfere with the thyroid gland’s ability to make it’s harmones. These compounds do not pose a risk for healthy people who eat moderate amounts of turnips, but anyone with hypothyroidism should cook this vegetable since cooking appears to deactivate goitrogens.
Most of the people serve boiled turnips, but people can also be baked, braised, or steamed. They make a tasty addition to salads, stews, soups, or vegetable dishes.
- If you like our recipes do share with our friends and family and keep logging on WWW.GOFOODDY.COM for more recipes which delights you and also good for your health.
- Also we like to hear from you, we welcome your suggestions and queries and any info about the recipes
- Hope you enjoy the recipe of turnip cakes with chilli sauce, Next recipe will be publish soon till then Eat Healthy Be Healthy.