Gond Ke Laddu is a delicious ladoo usually made in winters and for winters to keep body warm in winters as it gives heat and energy to the body. Eat 1-2 ladoo every morning and prevent yourself from cold.
Ingredients for gond ke laddu
- Gond(edible gum) – 200gms(1cup)
- Wheat flour – 200gms(1 1/2cups)
- Suger – 350gms(1 1/4cups)
- Ghee – 250gms(1 1/4cups)
- Melons seeds – 1tbsp
- Almonds – 40 to 45
- Cardamom – 10
- If the gond pieces are too large break them in to small pieces.
- Pour ghee in a pan and heat.
- Add little amounts of gond at a time to the heated ghee, gond puffs up like a popcorn in ghee.
- Fry gond on a low flame so that it is fired even in the inside.
- Once gond is fried and puffed take out in a plate. Repeat the process with the remaining amount of gond.
- Filter flour and fry it in the leftover ghee till it turns pink, then take it out on a plate.
- Cut almonds into small pieces.
- Peel and crush cardamom pods.
- After gond cools off press with a rolling pin on the plate and itself making gond finger in texture.
- Melt sugar and 3/4 cup water in the pan, prepare the sugar syrup.
- After the sugar syrup comes to a boil keep it boiling for another 3-4 minutes.
- Prepare sugar syrup which has solidifying consistency, now check the texture of the sugar syrup.
- Put one drop of sugar syrup in a bowl and after it cools off place it on your finger. now try to stick the drop between your thumb and index finger.
- While separating the finger a thread looking substance should come out sugar syrup. Make two threads of sugar syrup.
- Then turn off the gas.
- Now add fried gond, flour, almonds, and elaichi powder in to sugar syrup, mix all the ingredients properly with your hand.
- Take little amount of mixture in your hand at a time make round laddu of it and keep it on a plate.
- Make laddus of the entire mixture and keep them on the plate.
- You can also condense this mixture on a plate, cut them in to desired shapes and make gond ki barfi.
- Tasty gond ke laddu are ready.
- Keep gond ke laddu in open air for 1-2 hours. Now fill them in an air tight container and store them.
- Eat 1-2 laddu every morning and prevent yourself from cold.
- Hope you like this recipe here and like to try this at home too as winter is ahead. Do share with your family and friends on Facebook or Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media.
- We love to hear your feedback on the comments below for this recipe and also welcomed your suggestions and queries for this recipe.
- If you have your own version of recipe do share with us we like to have something from your side too. Keep visiting our website for more recipes and cooking tips.