Corn Cakes is a easy dinner recipe fried and topped with creamy avocado and coriander sauce. Hope you like this corn cakes recipe as you did like my previous recipe Vegan Khichadi.
- Half Cup – Corn Kernels
- Three Tablespoons – Vegan Buttery Spread
- Three-Fourth Cup – Yellow Corn Meal
- Half Cup – All-Purpose Flour
- Two Teaspoons – Baking Powder
- Three Tablespoons – Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- Two – Green Onions(chopped)
- Half Tablespoon – Sugar
- One-Third Teaspoon – Salt
- Three-Fourth Cup – Coconut Milk
- Oilve Oil For Frying
- One – Avocado(pitted and sliced)
- Half Cup – Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Two Cloves – Garlic(chopped)
- Two Tablespoons – Mayonnaise(vegan)
- Two Tablespoons – Coconut Milk
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Salt And Pepper
- One-Eight Teaspoon – Red Pepper Flakes
- Place the vegan buttery spread and the corn kernels in a large bowl and microwave on high for a minute.
- Add the dry infredients(corn kernels, yellow corn meal, all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt), and stir then add the applesauce and coconut milk.
- Mix together, and add the chopped green onions, and again stir well. Keep the batter aside.
- To make the dressing in a blender place the avocado, coriander, garlic, mayonniase, coconut milk, salt, red pepper flakes, and pepper. Blend on high speed until smooth, adding more coconut milk if needed. Keep aside the mixture.
- In a frying pan heat a tablespoon of olive oil, and half tablespoon of vegan buttery spread over medium flame.
- When the pan is hot, spoon the batter into the pan when making pancakes.
- Cook until they are golden brown and crisp on the bottom, then flip and cook the other side. Palce on a papper towel to drain once cooking done.
- Make all the pancakes like the way we make in previous.
- Serve hot with the coriander avocado sauce on top.
- If you like this corn cakes do share with your family and friends. Like is on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. If you have your own version of this recipe write on to us.
- Visit our website for more recipes.